Sakura Buffet with Vanessa ♡

Hi lovelies!!! I'm so glad to be back with a new post! This time, I have decided to do a food post! In this post, I'll be sharing with you my experience at Sakura and what I thought was yummy and also tips on how to maximise your money at a buffet (you might think some of these are funny but it's not a joke, it really helps). If you follow both my blogs closely, you would know that I have done a few food posts before, on my personal blog. Well, I think it's time to merge the two blogs I've been running together because it's just too much to run two blogs at once! Plus I haven't been finding enough time to film lately:-( Anyways, sorry for the long intro and without further ado, let's start!


Ok firstly, just to let you know, when they say $23++, they really mean $27.70. Let me just break it down for you in case you don't understand. Each '+' stands for an additional charge. For example, the first '+' stands for GST (7%). So some restaurants only have that '+' and usually its the GST charge. That is when you multiply the price by 1.07 to get the actual amount you are supposed to pay. The second '+' stands for service charge (varies according to diff restaurants I think, but Sakura was 10%). So now you multiply that by 1.17 to get the price including GST and service charge. And that is how you get from $23 to $27.70. Anyways, this is just so you'll be prepared. (PS all that I've said in this paragraph may or may not be right or wrong - I just assumed lololol)

Secondly, I strongly encourage people who want to save money, to go for a weekend lunch. It's the cheapest then. Also, highly recommend reaching there as early as possible (11:30am). Start early and end late. Sakura's lunch is open from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Make full use of the 3 hours to eat as much as possible and make that $27.70 you spend truly worth



Okie now let's talk about the actual food HAHAAHAHAHAHA the very first thing that caught the attention of my eyeballs was the shrimp paste chicken wings HAHAHA OMG THEY'RE SOOOOOOO GOOD. Actually I find these ones pretty decent. They aren't the best I've tasted, they aren't the worst either. I just got really excited because I have had a mini obsession with shrimp paste chicken since I was young. And PS the white thing there is the mayonnaise!


There's also an upstairs too by the way. It's all the way at the back! I personally think that the food upstairs is much better than the food downstairs. Actually, I feel that the desserts at Sakura were more worth it than the actual main food.



There was also a sushi area, which is upstairs, (let's face it - if a buffet doesn't have sashimi it's not worth it) where me and Vanessa just spammed lots of sashimi. One thing that bugged me about the sashimi is that it wasn't properly cut. Like, there were pieces where 3 of them are stuck together and it kind of irritated me HAHAH. But anyways, tip: spam the sashimi at buffets.


Then, I came across this area with molten lava cake and brownies where you can heat them up yourself in the microwave oven (the sign there says to heat up for 15 seconds). And let me tell you the molten lava cake was amazeballsssss.



And I actually wanted to put my vanilla bean ice cream (which goes best with the molten lava cake btw) with my cake but the ice cream cooler at the second floor did not have signs so I mixed up hokkaido milk and vanilla bean which is ultimate facepalm. I realised when I tasted the ice cream and decided it was the worst vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted and then saw the ice cream cooler at the bottom floor with the proper signs. Super facepalm.


Then we saw a chocolate fountain and we freaked out. I love chocolate fondue!!!! 


There was a jar of almond cookies nearby so we just decided to dip them in the fountain HAHAHAHA tbh we weren't sure what we were doing at all. Plus there were no marshmallows which made me really sad:-( so yeah why not just dip the cookies in right. No harm done. Dip anything into chocolate to make it taste guuuuud. (jk)


It turned out like this and it tasted pretty good, actually. I regret not going back to take more cookies :-(


Beside the table with the chocolate fountain and lava cake, there was this section with more desserts!!! 



There was panna cotta and mango pudding, both of which I felt were not very yummy. Firstly, my spoon was way too big for that tiny cup of panna cotta. I found it extremely hard to dig in. Secondly, the coffee caramel topping on the panna cotta did not have enough flavour and that's grass jelly on top of the panna cotta, btw, which I found super weird lol.




The thing I found awesome about Sakura was that they put the recommended ice cream flavour with the respective tarts.


They also had rainbow cake which I found to be quite flavourless but it was extremely soft. It is probably even softer than my pillow omg.


I took the peach clafoufis tart and the wrong ice cream oops. I just love salted caramel so much I couldn't help but to just take it HAHAHHAHA.


Another tip about buffets: half way through, go and poop. It might sound like a joke right now, but I am dead serious. After that, you don't feel as full and then you can go eat more stuff and make that $27.70 worth it. (oh my goodness I sound super typical Singaporean auntie rn)
PLEASE NOTE: The toilet at Sakura is super creepy. It felt like the school toilet and for a few minutes I was too scared to go in and poop lol.

And that concludes the food part of the post!!!





Just some glamourous pictures of us in the bus on the way to Vivo *flip hair emoji*

I had a great time with her. One of the bestest friends ever and although we don't meet up that much we still have this stupid connection where we can talk about any shit in the world and be ourselves with each other HAHAHAH



Thank you so much Vanessa for the awesome photos!!! You all should really follow her! She does lots of really gorgeous paintings and drawings. She's really into art and she deserves lots of support so I think you all should check her out!!!



Peplum top - Forever 21
Shorts - Cotton On
Bag - Carouseller
Shoes - Doctor Martens




Thank you so much everyone for reading this super long post!! I hope you all enjoyed it and learned something. I'll be posting some more posts soon!! Til next time, stay safe and keep dreaming 















CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment